Doctoral School in Humanities and Social Sciences
The Doctoral School in Humanities and Social Sciences (DSHSS) assists doctoral candidates to perform cutting-edge research in humanities and social sciences by:
– providing them with a comprehensive and individually targeted training programme in disciplinary, interdisciplinary and transferable skills, to enable them to meet their individual research goals;
– connecting them with each other and with expert research and teaching staff across the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and further afield, thereby building supportive research networks that will last a lifetime;
– engaging them in activities that will enable them to take full benefit from the collaborative, interdisciplinary and multicultural research culture of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences;
– supporting their international mobility through travel funding for conferences and summer schools and research grants for fieldwork;
– fostering their professional development through advice and opportunities that will enable them to refine their career goals and improve their employability both within and outside academia.